The OPCC has the following vacancy.
POLICY MANAGER (IMMEDIATE JUSTICE)
Are you looking for a rewarding role in which you can make a difference to safety in Dorset? Do you have experience developing prevention and violence reduction strategies within public authorities? Can you analyse and interpret data to inform strategic policy?
The post offers you the opportunity to provide strategic and policy advice to the PCC, managing a specific policy portfolio within the OPCC responsible for delivery of policy, partnerships and community engagement. To manage and undertake research, analysis and interpretation of relevant police performance data and evidence gathering relating to crime, community safety and criminal justice in order to inform the work of the PCC as required.
You will work closely through partners and stakeholders and contribute to shared opportunities for service improvement across Dorset.
If you work for us, you will get access to:
- A competitive salary with yearly increments.
- Access to heavily subsidised gym membership that will provide you access to police site gyms throughout the counties.
- Access to the Blue Light Card Scheme for discounts and services (requires a one-off payment of £5).
- Company sick pay.
- Competitive local government pension scheme.
- Job related equipment supplied, as required.
- Free onsite parking at many police sites throughout the counties.
- Access to Group insurance scheme (via salary sacrifice scheme).
- Support networks, free Employees' Assistance Programme, Occupational Health and wellbeing services.
- Development and training opportunities available.
- Supportive and flexible training plan, including regular check-ins throughout your initial period of joining us to ensure you are up to speed with the role and getting the support you need.
- Flexitime, with the ability to undertake your hours flexibly and in line with business need.
- Hybrid working, with the ability to work remotely at times throughout the working week (once signed off the training plan).
For the full job description and details of how to apply please click on the link to the Dorset Police website here: LINK