Dorset Criminal Justice Board
The Dorset Criminal Justice Board (DCJB) aims to deliver in partnership, the best possible criminal justice service to Dorset’s communities.
The board aims to provide an effective Criminal Justice System, focusing on offering a high standard of service to victims and witnesses, protecting the public, reducing crime and reoffending.
The Board brings together leaders from the following key agencies, in order to oversee delivery of criminal justice system;
- Dorset Police
- Her Majesty’s Prison Service (HMPS)
- Her Majesty’s Courts and Tribunals Service (HMCTS)
- Crown Prosecution Service (CPS)
- The Judiciary
- Youth Offending Service (YOS)
- The Probation Service
- Dorset Police and Crime Commissioner
- Legal Aid Agency
Current priorities of the DCJB include delivering an efficient and effective criminal justice system, to provide support to Victims and Witnesses throughout the Criminal Justice System, to prevent crime and reduce reoffending and to identify health and mental health needs across the Criminal Justice System. You can view the DCJB Business Plan here.
In order to achieve the priorities set by the board, some themed sub-groups meet quarterly to address relevant issues and progress actions from the main board:
- Reducing Reoffending Strategy Group
- Victims and Witness Strategy Group
- Wessex Communications Group
- Wessex Disproportionality Group
The DCJB is jointly managed by the Wessex LCJB Business Managers, Fiona Sullivan and Jen Culver, who also support the Hampshire & Isle of Wight and Wiltshire Criminal Justice Boards.
The Dorset Criminal Justice Board welcome and enquiries and suggestions. If you would like to contact us please email: email@example.com
Information on crime and criminal justice related issues used can be found here.
The following link provides an infographic showing the ethnic representation across the workforce in Dorset.
The Criminal Justice System
These videos illustrate the work of our partners in the criminal justice system:
- Local Criminal Justice Board
- The Police - Assistant Chief Constable
- Crown Prosecutors - The code for Crown Prosecutors
- Police and Crime Commissioner Dorset
- Police and Crime Commissioner Hampshire
- Court - Magistrates' Court
- Lawyers - Defense Lawyer
- Prison Officers
- Community Payback Schemes